George Low Memorial Scholarship
The Warwick Symphony Orchestra is proud to offer a scholarship to a graduating Rhode Island High School student each spring. The WSO is a non-profit RI corporation that was created to provide an opportunity for fellow musicians to come together and share their passion for performing, honing their skills, and bringing music to audiences that would not necessarily have access to live musical performances. Through our scholarship program, we hope to help the next generation of musicians reach their goals.
The WSO scholarship recipient is selected based upon a combination of grades, activities and musical accomplishments. The award is presented at one of the Spring Series concerts. Criteria for applying for the WSO Scholarship requires the applicant:
1. To be graduating from a Rhode Island high school and be studying an orchestral instrument privately. Instruments include: violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, oboe, English horn, clarinet, bassoon, French horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, orchestral percussion.
2. To be able to demonstrate their acceptance to an accredited college as a Music Major.
3. To be able to provide an endorsement/recommendation from their private teacher and their school instrumental director.
4. To submit a video recording capturing a performance from the standard solo repertoire for your instrument.
5. To complete the Scholarship Application requirements and submit by the stated deadline.